Treatment Price: 1285 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
PRICE PER EYE: 1285 euros
- First doctor visit
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge
- Eye Examination for a companion
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Approximately 20 minutes
- Outpatient Surgery
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- 2 days
- VERY IMPORTANT: Do not wear contact lenses at least 7 days prior to the ophthalmological examination
Refractive Laser Eye Surgery with INTRALASIK Laser
Refractive laser eye surgery is probably the best solution to eye problems that are likely to appear sooner or later: refractive errors. It is the treatment of choice when eyesight is no longer good due to optical malfunction.
INTRALASIK is more than 100 times more accurate than earlier techniques and is also the safest method, because it does not require mechanical incisions, making it less risky.
Laser eye surgery corrects the following eye problems:
- SHORT-SIGHTEDNESS: Myopia (the medical name for short-sightedness) is a refractive problem that causes the images received by the eye to focus in front of the retina rather than in the retina itself, leading to blurred distance vision.
- LONG-SIGHTEDNESS: Hypermetropia (the medical name for long-sightedness) is a refractive problem that causes the images received by the eye to focus behind the retina rather than in the retina itself, leading to blurred close vision.
- ASTIGMATISM: Astigmatism is a refractive error that distorts both close and distance vision. It is usually associated with myopia or hypermetropia.
Benefits of the operation
Laser eye surgery gives such excellent results and allows patients to forget about wearing spectacles and contact lenses forever. The surgery only takes a few minutes and is minimally invasive, so recovery is quick.
No hospital stay is required so patients can go back to their normal activities just 24 hours after the surgery.
INTRALASIK laser eye surgery is an outpatient procedure that corrects refractive errors using innovative technology that involves 100% laser surgery, which is safer and reduces complications to a minimum.
About the operation
The operation takes about 20 minutes and is performed under local or topical (eye drops) anaesthesia. It consists of correcting the curvature of the cornea using INTRALASIK laser technology so that the rays of light focus clearly on the retina.
Before the operation
- Patients must refrain from wearing contact lenses for at least 7 days before the ophthalmological examination and should probably not wear them again before the operation, which may take place a few days after this.
- The curvature of the eye and thickness of the cornea are measured, as well as the size of the pupils in light and dark conditions.
- If you are taking medication or you suffer from any illnesses, you must tell the ophthalmologist.
- You will be given some special towelettes with which you must clean your eyelids for four days before the surgery.
- You will use some eye drops three times a day on the day before the surgery.
- You will continue to use the eye drops given to you by your doctor until you visit the ophthalmologist again between 24 and 48 hours after the surgery.
- It is important you do not touch the eye on the first day and you must refrain from doing anything strenuous for five days and try not to rub your eyes.
- After 48 hours you can go back to your normal activities so long as you take the precautions advised by our professionals.
- You will wear protective sunglasses for 48 hours after the surgery.
- You must not swim, or use whirlpools or hydromassage baths, do contact sports or use lotions, creams or eye makeup for between 2 and 4 weeks after the operation.