Treatment Price: 5300 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Between 2 and 3 hours
- Between 1 and 2 days
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- 10 days
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a surgical technique that removes fat and droopy skin from the abdomen to achieve a “flat stomach”. It is suitable for both men and women who have not obtained the results they want with diet and exercise, and it is particularly useful for women who, after several pregnancies, have loose, stretched skin, as well as weak abdominal muscles.
Benefits of the Operation
During the operation, excess fat and flaccid skin are removed from the abdomen. This gives excellent results, scars are effectively disguised and recovery is quick.
Abdominal lipectomy is an operation that consists of lifting and removing the excess skin and fat from the abdomen through an incision in the suprapubic fold (above the pubis). This means that the scar is perfectly covered by underwear or bikini bottoms. This operation also allows the muscles of the abdominal wall to be repaired to achieve a flat stomach or, in some cases, narrowing of the patient's waist. The size of the incision depends on how loose the skin is and how obese the patient is.
About the operation
This operation is performed under general or epidural anaesthetic and takes between two and three hours. Patients have to stay in hospital for one or two days, depending on the case. Currently, a combination of liposuction and abdominoplasty (lipoabdominoplasty) is performed, which allows superior body remodelling without extensive skin lifting, which is therefore safer.
Before the operation
- You will have a blood test, ECG and chest X-ray.
- You must not eat or drink for 12 hours before your operation.
- You must remove all metal objects during the operation (rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc.).
- You are advised to rest for a week after the surgery and to wear a corset around the abdomen for approximately one month. You can resume normal activity after two weeks and gradually resume exercise after one month.
- When you remove the bandage, a postoperative oedema may appear, which will gradually disappear. It is very recommended you go for manual lymphatic drainage 2-3 times a week after the first week.
- The stitches will be removed after 14 days. Generally, the final results are not seen for the first 3-4 months. You will gradually recover sensitivity in the operation site, which takes between 6 and 12 months to fully recover. The scars left by a tummy tuck are completely disguised by underwear and swimwear.
- You should refrain exposing the scar to the sun for the first six months and should not do abdominal exercises or jumping for the first month.