Treatment Price: 4500 €. This treatment requires medical evaluation prior.
- All the treatment from the time of admission until the time of discharge:
- Hospital Stay
- Preoperative (ultrasound, blood tests, electrocardiogram, etc)
- Operating Theatre
- Nursing Services
- Drug Kit for 48 hours after discharge.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon after discharge.
PRIOR DOCUMENTATION NEEDED:
- Medical history, diagnosis and medical tests
- Blood test
LENGTH OF THE OPERATION:
- Between 40 minutes and 1 hour
- 1 or 2 days if necessary at the same price
RECOMMENDED RECOVERY TIME IN ALICANTE BEFORE TRAVELING HOME:
- Between 3 and 4 days
Bipolar Vaporisation of the Prostate with Plasmakinetic Energy
Bipolar vaporisation of the prostate with plasmakinetic energy is a minimally invasive treatment for benign enlargement of the prostate.
Benign enlargement of the prostate consists of the development of a benign tumour, known as prostate adenoma, which grows towards and obstructs the urethra, causing uncomfortable symptoms related to urination.
Benefits of the operation
This procedure prevents the risk of bleeding during surgery, cuts catherisation times and lowers the risk of impotence, because it does not affect the nerves or blood vessels involved in an erection. There is no risk of urinary incontinence as a result of the operation, because high
definition cameras are used.
This is usually an out-patient procedure. Patients do not need to be admitted to hospital, they recover more quickly and suffer less discomfort
Bipolar vaporisation of the prostate with plasmakinetic energy vaporises the prostate tissue in the same way as a KTP laser, although the energy used is very different.
About the operation
You will be given an epidural and sedation before a sheath is inserted through the urethra to guide the laser fibre to the prostate. Plasmakinetic energy will vaporise the prostate tissue and within 40 to 60 minutes the abnormal tissue will have been removed, opening up the urethra to allow normal urination.
Depending on the size of the prostate and your stay in Alicante, it is recommended you spend a day in hospital and benefit from specialised
Before the operation
- A full study of your medical history to determine the details of the surgery.
- You will be seen by the anaesthetist who will explain the anaesthetic technique to be used.
- You must not eat or drink anything for five to six hours before your operation.
- Do not wear underwear or removable dentures. You must remove all metal objects (such as rings, bracelets, earrings, body piercings, etc).
- Your bladder will be washed out through a catheter that you will have to wear for not longer than 24 hours. This will remove any urine that may be left in the bladder.
- Six hours later you will be able to start drinking water. It is recommended you drink water between two and three litres a day.
- You will be given painkillers if you feel any discomfort.
- You should move your feet and bend and stretch your legs to encourage blood flow.
- You will not be released until you have urinated at least once.
- The first few times you urinate will notice a mild stinging and your urine will be of a pinkish colour. These symptoms will gradually disappear.
- When you are released you will be given a medical report with the date of your follow up visit with your doctor and a prescription for the treatment you should follow.
- The healing process takes between two and three weeks. During this time, urination can be slightly uncomfortable, although no special treatment is required.
- After you are released, you are recommended to lead a quiet life, drink plenty of water, do not to take anticoagulant drugs and to keep an eye on your blood pressure.